Friday 14 July 2017

Dramaturgy Bank and Play: Rural Ranga and Strawberry Siren @ Edfringe 2017

Wank Bank & Pussy Play MasterclassThe Most Fun Sex Education Class You’ll Ever Go To


Venue: Gilded Balloon Teviot- Dining Room
Time: Pussy Play 10:45pm Wank Bank 11:45pm
Dates: Fri 4th – Sat 26th August 
No performances: Wed 9th,16th,23rd

Ever made a pussy out of plasticine or been in a hilarious circle jerk with carrots? Now is the time to experience this unique interactive show unlike anything at Edinburgh Fringe.

 Wank Bank Masterclass with Rural Ranga

What was the inspiration for this performance?

I was living and working in NYC and was too poor to make art. I started reading Patti  Smith's Just Kids and it inspired me to hustle for my art. So I started working as a happy ending masseur and documenting my experiences. From the money I made I funded an art book which has now turned into a interactive show.


Is performance still a good space for the public discussion of ideas?  

I think its perfect as performance can take people out of their comfort zone which trigger and enhance conversation and honesty 

How did you become interested in making performance?

It almost happened organically. I studied visual art majoring in Painting and then was
asked to perform this show.  It felt right and I haven't looked back. 


Is there any particular approach to the making of the show? 

I always try and find the biggest and best cucumbers and carrots 

Does the show fit with your usual productions?  

It's my first show I produced but I never thought I would tour the world teaching people how to wank.

What do you hope that the audience will experience? 

Laughter, enjoyment and excitement.  I hope they walk away with a few pleasure tips for themselves or that someone special. 

What strategies did you consider towards shaping this audience experience?
I make it very personal and I take great pride in making my show unique compared to most shows at the Fringe.  Dealing with sex I make sure that the space I create is safe f everyone is comfortable.  No 'Judge Judys' in my show.



Puss Play Masterclass with Strawberry Siren

What was the inspiration for this performance?

My real life cousin Rural Ranga contacted me with an idea for a vulva version of Wank Bank. We applied for funding and thought it was time to talk about female pleasure which has been shrouded in mystery for many years. It's 2017 time for the revulvalotion.


Is performance still a good space for the public discussion of ideas? 

Yeah I'm a former Miss Burlesque Australia so I always seen performance as the best way to express my values and ideas. Women especially have been shamed for body image and sexuality so many performance artist have been thought provoking and breaking down conventional ideals.

How did you become interested in making performance?  

I grew up as I performer. I joined the Fruit Fly Circus when I was in primary school and have been on the stage since.  I feel restless if I'm not got a show or piece I'm working on


Is there any particular approach to the making of the show? 

Pussy Play is very different to the performance I'm used to so we did a lot of research. This consisted of power lesbians, plasticine and prosecco 

Does the show fit with your usual productions? 

Not at all. I went from teasing people about seeing my bits to talking about how to pleasure my bits. It's the most amount of clothes I've worn in a while but is far more confronting as a performer. 

What do you hope that the audience will experience?
Education and empowerment.  An open discussion about pleasure and sex.  All pussies are beautiful share the love.

What strategies did you consider towards shaping this audience experience? 

I read the vibe of the audience and also make sure everyone has a take home booklet so they can spread the lover post show.



Sexperts and real life cousins Rural Ranga and Strawberry Siren bring you a playful show of storytelling and interactive genital techniques. Not only will you enjoy waves of adolescent laughter but you might also walk away with some playful tips to please yourself or that someone special. Perfect night for singles, couples, parties or even a tinder date.

Be guided through for an hour of comfortable adult fun with 20+ take home techniques. You might even win wanker or pussy of the day.

Rural Ranga’s Wank Bank is a sure conversation starter as seen on ABC's 'Luke Warm Sex', 'Gogglebox'Wank Bank is back in Edinburgh after sold out shows and 5 star reviews in Australia, USA and UK. Miss Burlesque Australia legend Strawberry Siren will be keeping people on edge in Pussy Play both shows awarded at Adelaide Fringe 2017

Come along (pun intended) and get hands on with Pussy Play 10:45pm & Wank Bank 11:45pm.

Perfect for couples and groups for multiple fun

Winner of Best interactive show Adelaide Fringe 2017



No comments :

Post a Comment