Tuesday 4 July 2017

Dramaturgy Girl: Twayna Mayne @ Edfringe 2017
















Twayna Mayne is a strong black woman with an extraordinary back story. In her highly anticipated debut hour, join this truly unique rising star as she guides us through a lifetime of labels and contradiction. 

Expect sharp insights and a totally fresh perspective. Having been marked out by Time Out as a 'star of the future', Twayna Mayne is a refreshingly original new comic voice and most definitely one to watch. Leicester Mercury Nominee 2016.


What was the inspiration for this performance?

My life, how I see the world and my imagination.  
Is performance still a good space for the public discussion of ideas?

I think so, I hope so.  My show's full of ideas which will hopefully raise a few questions.  

How did you become interested in making performance?

I have a boring day job and was looking for something interesting to do in my spare time.  I found an evening course in stand up comedy and seven years later I'm still doing it.  

Is there any particular approach to the making of the show?

Not really, write the show, rehearse the show and then rewrite the bits where there's no laughter.  

Does the show fit with your usual productions?  

Not really, I usually do 10-20 minutes sets. 
This is my fist hour show and I'll be using a few photographs in it too 

What do you hope that the audience will experience?  

I hope they enjoy it.  I hope they laugh.  I hope think about it long after they've seen it.  I hope they tell everyone they know that they should come and see it too.


What strategies did you consider towards shaping this audience experience?  

Make it funny and make it interesting.  

No comments :

Post a Comment