Tuesday 4 July 2017

All Dramaturgy Now: Terry Alderton @ Edfringe 2017

Terry Alderton’s new comedy show ‘All Crazy Now’ will be at the Pleasance Courtyard Cabaret Bar for the month of August.

What was the inspiration for this performance? 

What is always me. I know, how sad is that. But you show always stick to what you know. And Im sure folk relate to my mess, but its a nice mess.

Is performance still a good space for the public discussion of ideas? 

Course, to get instant reaction is the best. to say what you want is great. And any one stupid enough to say to me you can’t say that, well that’s a scary and dangerous place right?

If comic's don’t get up say what they want, then shit we really are fooked!

How did you become interested in making performance? 

From a young age I use performance and comedy as a defence. Being illiterate at 10 years old ain't that easy. And out of everything I do in life it's what comes easiest to me. And
being lazy when comes to learning (apart from routines/plays etc) something I’m not interested in or takes a lot of practice (musical instrument). so thats why I do it. 

And more important I’m a totally free spirit I don’t Answer to anyone (apart from Dee) I’m the writer director performer. I do what I want when I want to. I truly am blessed.

Is there any particular approach to the making of the show? 

Yes I think of something (usually the end) and work to that. The end, be it a routine, joke or the entire show. 

Johnny Spurling Joins me this year and he is a fantastic musician so that has bough loads to it. Also Team Dabster. Richard Melvin (my agent/producer) and his team are  very much in the mix to so bring forth the chaos!

Does the show fit with your usual productions? 

Yes in the fact its different again in stye, approach another reinvention. I try hard not to be 'just that comedian’ for example my voice is back to mine again now. I’ve dropped the well spoken voice and I’m no longer playing it aloof. And as for this performance I start the show as Mr Jon one half of ‘The Joh/n’s”. 

What do you hope that the audience will experience? 

I want the Audience most importantly to leave on a high and feel they saw a ’SHOW'. I want them at the finish to be confused, one with what they saw and two with the shock of “that can’t be the hour over already?!’ and it will be unlike any other show in Edinburgh fact.

What strategies did you consider towards shaping this audience experience? 

It's simply what makes me feel good to perform. if I’m comfortable they are in safe hands. Sounding like a right wanker. I’m good at what I do it may not be for you, but technically I’m on the money. then again I should be by now.





No comments :

Post a Comment