Thursday 12 June 2014

Super Villain Rehabilitation at the Fringe

As part of the VileArts Outreach programme, we've been doing some Young Critic Workshops with the super-powered bad guys who end up in the Vault. Some of our budding critics asked to do some Fringe previews. Over to you....



Hi. I'm Razorback. My outfit, and name, don't really give a clue to my powers, but I am a mutant. Just like Cyclops. Maybe if I had an X in front of my name I would have been popular. Instead, I am a bit like a car thief who can chat to his victims.

So I am suggesting:

Robert Lewellyn: Electric Cars Are Rubbish. Aren't They?
VenueThe Assembly Rooms ​ 
Event Websitewww.arfringe.com
Date7 August
Time12:20

He's off Red Dwarf, and he is going to explain why electric cars are just a bunch of 'green hogwash.' I see his point. Whenever I steal an electric car my mutant ability lets me chat to the vehicle, and those electric cars have got no conversation. They just banf on about being environmentally friendly. It is almost a relief when Captain America catches up with me and slaps me with his shield. 



I AM ANGAR THE SCREAMER AND SOMEHOW I MANAGED TO APPEAR IN 71 ISSUES BEFORE I WAS KILLED OFF. I HANG OUT WITH SONGBIRD WHO ALSO HAD SOUND RELATED POWERS BUT FRANKLY THE BEST JOB I HAD WAS DOING THE TANNOY AT EDINBURGH HAYMARKET STATION. 

I SAW THAT VOCA PEOPLE ON YOUTUBE AND THINK YOU OUGHT TO GET DOWN TO THE PLEASANCE GRAND TO SEE THEM DO BEATBOXING AND SINGING AND MAKING A BIG NOISE AND EVERYTHING. 

THEY CALL THEMSELVES FRIENDLY ALIENS WHICH IS A BIT LIKE ME AND SONGBIRD, ONLY WE AREN'T FRIENDLY. BUT AN OUTFIT LIKE MINE IS TOTALLY MADE FOR THE STAGE, AND MAYBE I COULD MAKE A COMEBACK NEXT YEAR AT THE FRINGE.


Tip o' the blog to this chap for collecting the reprobates



No comments :

Post a Comment