Saturday 23 July 2016

In Avignon. Part 2

Excusez-moi, parlez-vous Anglais?

Wow, is that really you?

Well, I guess that depends on who I am.

Criticulous, it is an honour to have you here. You finally made it.

If it's an honour, yes, it's me. So... I wanted...

Accreditation? That is not a problem for the finest critic in the anglophone world. Some call you a genius. We can't wait until you learn French and can give us some bande-dessine critiques.

Hey, I don't want to forget the great cohort of British critics who keep me on my toes.

L'autres sont chiant!

I guess if you say it, that's true. What do you think of Matt Trueman? 

Your friend, Cyril le Fou. I fear to ask, but is here with us?

He's waiting in the courtyard, checking the dustbins. But I don't think we'll be needing him today.

We'd be delighted if he'd go on a rampage. Right down the Rue de la Republique. Anyway, here's your pass. Off you go, fuck the arse out of that. 


And that's how I became accredited at the Avignon Festival.

No comments :

Post a Comment