Monday 9 February 2015

Talkin' Male Feminist Blues

I like my feminism like I like my whisky: with a known brand name and undiluted. This month, I am still a Cixous feminist, intrigued by feminism as a rejection of the lineal, obvious narrative of patriarchal art and encourage a multiplicity of interpretations. While this approach is not exclusively feminist (it would be possible to apply these strategies through the filter of, say, post-colonialism, Marxism or anarchism), the intention to undermine the lazy assumptions and associations of gender (and thereby attacking the bedrock philosophies of masculine power systems) enchants my revolutionary turn of mind.

It also places criticism at the heart of a radical agenda.

However, back to feminism. Glad to see that it is back on Facebook, and I am sure that things like Everyday Sexism are a positive development, and the cataloging of instances of abuse of power scopes out the scale of the problem. 


No comments :

Post a Comment