Wednesday 7 June 2017

Crash-Bang Dramaturgy: JoJo Bellini @ Edfringe 2017



The Stand Comedy Club Stand 2
10.05pm
Aug 2nd -27th (Not 14)



 was the inspiration for this performance?
This performance is very personal for me. I had a major car accident in 2003 and was told I would never walk again. It is about my journey since then and how I have taken charge of my life both personally and sexually to become who I am today.

Is performance still a good space for the public discussion of ideas? 
Completely. I have already performed it at 3 Fringe festivals so far this year and each audience has added an extra element or idea that is being incorporated into the show. 

How did you become interested in making performance?
From the age of three I was dressed up as a fairy helper for the Fairy Godmother in Cinderella. The stage has always felt like home. To make original performance is an extension of my first fairy outing.

Is there any particular approach to the making of the show?
For me I start with an idea, this time it was about the kink scene. But as I started writing the story of my car accident, sexual identity came out instead. The creative process has a mind of its own sometimes.

Does the show fit with your usual productions?
This is very much a new direction for me. A personal show with my own twist of silly, comedic clowning thrown in for good measure.

What do you hope that the audience will experience?
A party. A romp through the good and the bad times with a super silly show.

What strategies did you consider towards shaping this audience experience?
This year it was definitely about the journey we take together and the realisation that we can do anything.

No comments :

Post a Comment