Thursday 13 March 2014

See a Fight at The Pavilion

Although my usual beat is the hipster theatre underground - you know, I find anything with a script far too traditional - I have a real fondness for the Pavilion. The Celts in Seville  is coming up before then, but there is a big fight happening first...

I might be disappointed that they are billing it as 'family friendly,' but the thought of British Wrestling in the Pavilion's rather grand auditorium is thrilling. And they've got two wrestlers - Grado & Jack Jester - who were on TV this week (the programme was called Insane Fight Club, which might give a flavour of their grapple technique).

The real reason that I love the wrestling, though, is that it gives me a chance to catch up with the career of Joe Coffey. Coffey was the 'heel' in Rob Drummond's Wrestling, an event that mixed up hipster underground theatre, a written script and tough guys having a fight in The Arches. I was sorry that he was defeated by Drummond in the climactic battle, and swear that was a fix.



Premier British Wrestling
Presents
An Evening of Family Friendly WrestlingOn Saturday 15th March @ 7.30 pm
We are knocking the stuffing out of this production with Tickets Prices - Adults £13.00, Children £11 or Family Tickets from as little as £18.



No comments :

Post a Comment