Thursday 15 March 2018

Me Dramaturgy, Mostly: Mick Cohen-Carroll @ Edfringe 2018


Me Talking, Mostly-HD 1080p from Mick Cohen-Carroll on Vimeo.



What was the inspiration for this performance?
I was at a comedy show and just thought about how surreal it is to be doing comedy. There’s no reason for you to be at a comedy show and I thought: “hey there’s a lot of things that are just expected and accepted as normal”. Like clapping, or sometimes snapping, and I thought someone needs to write a show about the rules of comedy. So I wrote one. So many rules.

Is "Me Talking, Mostly" still a good space for the public discussion of ideas?
I always welcome any conversation that arises from the show, so long as it is not mean-spirited or during the performance!

How did you become interested in making Me Talking, Mostly?
I was thinking man I don’t do any fun projects, I wanna do one. So I tried to make something as fun to watch as it is to perform.

Is there any particular approach to the making of the show?
I get riled up whenever I think of people who think they’re the shit. So I like to break down those expectations.

Does the show fit with your usual productions?
I don’t usually do solo shows, so no...

What do you hope that the audience will experience in Me Talking, Mostly?

Unfettered elation. A sense that some rules are ok to be broken, that the world is open for play and if you want to have fun, that’s ok.

No comments :

Post a Comment