Thursday 14 July 2016

Writing This F*cking Dramaturgy: Tim Honnef @ Edfringe 2016

Jonas Müller Regrets Writing This F*cking Masterpiece

Underbelly, Cowgate (Venue 61)
 Aug 4-9, 11-14, 16-21, 23-28 12.00am

I've missed great video games. Missed cinema releases. Missed good conversations with my best friends. Crap conversations with other people I know. The moments where I used to take a small glance at that pretty girl that works in the cinema in the hope that she would smile at me. The moments when she smiled. All because of a stupid promise and the f*cking masterpiece that followed. I hope you enjoy it... A multimedia storytelling multi-person solo show, purposely made without permission of any of the rightful owners of the original material.

What was the inspiration for this performance?
It's hard to give an answer to that. Mainly because the whole show revolves around that particular question. It's the essence of the story. So I can't really give a short answer to it because I don't want to give it away. 
 
How did you go about gathering the team for it?
It wasn't that hard. It's just me, the technician and the girl that build the set. Although there's a possibility we add a crucial part to our team when we/when they, are in Edinburgh. I'm still thinking about that.

There are also all the people in the pictures. They are essential for the show.
Luckily most of them don't know about it's existence.

How did you become interested in making performance?
It's the best way to tell the story I want to tell. I had to find a way to try and get the story out of my head/mind and into the real world and I wanted to do that as point-to-point as possible.
I'm pretty sure I managed to do so with this show.

Was your process typical of the way that you make a performance?
It was a weird process because it was completely different. Normally I write the script, do previews shows, perfect it, do some try-out shows and then it's off to tour the show but this year it was a different process.

I had to write the script, collect bits and bolts, connect the script with the pictures and audio and then do some previews of the show with all those multimedia bits and the set. Normally it would just be me and the script. This year it's a a multimedia storytelling multiperson solo show, purposely made without permission of any of the rightful owners of the original material which meant I had to make sure every piece of the puzzle would fit.

I know it sounds a bit vague but I can't tell to much without giving a lot of it away.

What do you hope that the audience will experience?
During the previews every single audience member connected in a different way with the story that was told. It's a personal piece and although people can relate to it, they all did so with different emotions. The emotions also changed during the course of the story. While they all enjoyed the story, some people really could relate to the main character, where other people got a bit mad at his actions and thoughts. It's fascinating and I can't wait to see how people will react in Edinburgh.

No comments :

Post a Comment