Tuesday 8 March 2016

Top Six Women on the Blog, for IWD16

It's International Women's Day, and I am celebrating with Man Flu.
Seriously, it's like a tissue testing factory in here. However, I'll use this opportunity to make a list of female artists who have appeared on the Vile Blog, something that I have been meaning to do for a while. 

Feminist Theatre in Glasgow
In the tradition of my blog, here's a brief survey of feminist theatre within Glasgow, and a picture of two of my biggest at crushes. It's tentative and has the usual Vile uncertainty, but mentions some good stuff.

Fringe 2013
For some reason, I did a list of female performers at the Fringe in 2013. This is an excerpt, starring women who do comedy, Vile self-doubt and Claire Cunningham. 

Physical Theatre
This one needs to be edited properly, but is about a show called Pussy. I remember walking past the company as they offered a flyer to Joyce MacMillan. 

Speak Truth to Power
After Pussy, it had to be Fanny. This is me chatting about a spoken word piece (and more), pondering feminism, that kind of thing. 

Laura Ingram Again
A success from the most recent Fringe, and always worth another 
read.

Sex and God
Linda McLean is another one of my art crushes, even if she mocks my Man Flu on twitter.

I'll try to do another six later on today, when I stop coughing.

No comments :

Post a Comment