Friday 7 June 2013

Germany Vs Belgium laugh off

I don't usually mention comedians at the Fringe, and I certainly don't do dodgy racial humour (although it's probably okay if it's about white Europeans, isn't it? Someone told me this joke about the German president visiting Greece and...).

However, Christian Schulte-Loh does have the best use of a review quote ever. It's just there, beneath the approval of The Spectator.

"A funny German - the only one!" says a Belgian magazine.

I love Belgian choreography, and think that Victoria, based in Ghent, are one of the most exciting theatre production companies in the world.

But I don't think Belgium needs to be mocking other countries for not being funny. If anyone can find a three star Belgian stand-up at the Fringe, I'll buy them a subscription to the magazine that gave Schulte-Loh his review.

It's called Kkunst.

No comments :

Post a Comment